Sure. Summer is supposed to be about vacation and relaxation, right? But most of us have discovered that summer isn’t exactly the stress reliever it’s cracked up to be. Between the rising electric bill, keeping kids busy while school’s out, and budgeting to decide if you have enough for a family vacation, summer can be incredibly stressful.
But don’t worry. We’re here for you! Our Eagle Express on demand couriers have put together some tested and approved ways to get a little stress relief this summer. With only a few weeks left of the season, you have to make the most of it! Here’s how:
- Find the water: Have you ever heard of the phrase “blue mind”? It’s the phenomenon of mental health benefits that occur when you spend time around natural bodies of water- like the ocean, lakes, or rivers. Here in Texas, you might think we’re short on bodies of water, but between White Rock Lake, Grapevine Lake, and the short drive to the Gulf Coast, finding water is an easy way to reduce your summer stress.
- Now get in it: After you’ve found the water, bust some of that stress by swimming some laps or doing low impact aerobics. Exercise is a known stress reducer, and since it’s blazing outside, getting in the water is a fun and cooler way to get in your exercise.
- Dig in the dirt: If you’ve ever seen Holland’s tulips, it makes sense why folks in The Netherlands swear by gardening to reduce stress. Gardening is a calming activity that gives you some quiet time to meditate and spend time in nature- both are known to boost mood.
- Pick up a beach read: Even if you’re not heading to the sand this summer, a light, fun novel is the perfect way to leave behind the stress of the summer. Getting lost in a good book has proven health benefits- including improved mental acuity, improved analytical thinking skills, and, of course, stress reduction.
- Head to a concert: Outdoor concerts on warm summer evenings are another great way to bust stress and bust a move! Music has an incredibly relaxing effect on the body, even if that music is good old-fashioned rock and roll. DFW is not short on outdoor arenas and summer concert series, so check out the schedules and find yourself a summer concert to attend.
- Seek out ways to be kind: One of the best ways to get out of your own head is to focus on someone else. Make it your goal to be kind to everyone you come into contact with. See the positive ripple effect it has on your day, and the day of those around you.
- Outsource the tough stuff: Our couriers know better than anyone that some things are better left to the professionals. If it’s work stress that’s getting you down, especially the stress that comes from customers needing immediate delivery, or having an oversized item for transport, let a courier assist with the tough stuff. With a multitude of unique services and 24/7 availability, Eagle Express is here to help reduce your stress this summer.
One thing you don’t have to stress about this summer is ensuring your time and temperature sensitive deliveries make it to their desired destinations on time. With the help of Eagle Express, your stuff can move quickly and safely, with the assurance that it will get into the hands of your customers On Time, Every Time. Contact our team of skilled professionals today to see how we can get started serving you.