Is your business taking advantage of the benefits of Dallas warehousing and crossdocking? A better question might be—can you describe your current supply chain as being fast and highly productive? If the answer is no, then it’s likely you are not yet utilizing crossdocking services. In fact, it may be the missing piece in your puzzle for business success.
It’s not too late to jump in the game and explore what these services can do for your business productivity. Keep reading to learn more about the benefits of Dallas warehousing and crossdocking and how it may be the superstar duo that can take your business to the next level.
How Does Crossdocking Work?
While there are slight variations to the process, a typical cross dock process goes something like this:
- A warehouse building has two docks on either side of the building—one for inbound deliveries and one for outbound deliveries on the opposite side.
- Products come off of a truck on the inbound dock, go to the warehouse center for organization and then immediately go onto the outbound dock for loading and delivery to the end-location.
- Because the process is so organized and streamlined, the items are in the warehouse a very short time—typically less than a few hours.
Minimize Unnecessary Product Handling
Crossdocking is designed to significantly reduce the handling necessary to transport items and products from you to the customer. A reduction in handling has a variety of benefits and perks including:
- Lower inventory costs
- Lower labor costs
- Less chance for human error
- Less opportunity for lost or damage items
- Less time necessary to get your items where they need to be
- Less worry and planning—when you have a streamlined cross dock system in place; the time you spend on the details reduces drastically
Lower Shipping Costs and Maximized Space
When you utilize cross docking services, your business can save on shipping costs and make the most of every inch of space on your delivery vehicles. Many shipments can go out on one delivery truck or van. Because it is one vehicle instead of several, your savings is multiplied through lower mileage, fuel costs and labor to unload the vehicle when you arrive at the destination.
Business than don’t take advantage of crossdocking services from the right company typically end up with what is known as “less than load” (LTL) vehicles, which means the shipment may have to go through many different hands and processes before it arrives at where it needs to be. Not a very cost effective way to conduct warehouse services and deliveries.
Choose the Top Dallas Warehousing and Crossdocking Solution from Eagle Express
Don’t let disorganization, high labor costs and LTL shipments take away from your business’s bottom line. It’s time to streamline your deliveries with the time-tested Dallas warehousing and crossdocking solution from our team at Eagle Express. Let our couriers show you how it’s done. Not only will you maximize each and every delivery, but you can breathe a sigh of relief knowing that the experts are handling your shipments, saving you time and money and lots of hassle.
We’ve been creating happy customers and building strong customer relationships for more than thirty-five years. Our excellent track record has earned us a stellar reputation in the DFW area and beyond. There’s no reason to settle for less than the best, when you can grow your business with Eagle Express.
Contact us online now or call 214.351.5777 to learn more about how our Dallas warehousing and crossdocking can make a difference for your business in 2019. Let our experienced team handle the details, so you can focus on taking your business to the next level.