Black Friday has been around for years and years. I have shopped it for years and years. It is absolute mayhem. Shopping frantically on little sleep and a lot of turkey tryptophan is one of the most crazy-inducing things I have ever done in my life. And, yet, year after year, I come back for more of the intoxicating shopping. And I imagine that people like me are precisely why retailers do so good the day after Thanksgiving. We get all hopped up on turkey, stuffing and craberry sauce, that we start swiping that card faster than Usain Bolt.
Well, today is another big shopping day: it's Cyber Monday. And yes, there is still time to enjoy it, folks. The whole night is ahead of you!
Cyber Monday is like Black Friday only you can shop in your pajamas, workout gear, or, heck, you can shop in your underwear if you really want to. Why? Because Cyber Monday is all online. That's right. The click of a mouse, the punch of a key, and items of your choosing are delivered to your doorstep just in time for Christmas. I guess all the online retailers figured they would get in on the Black Friday action, too. Our 24 hour delivery services Dallas know what it's like to be up at all hours of the night busily working. Only, we aren't shopping, we are up working! Let's talk about the facts:
- Cyber Monday got its start on November 28, 2005 when a website issued a Press Release about a certain "Cyber Monday" posting big numbers in the retail world.
- Today, Cyber Monday is used internationally among hundreds of businesses. And it works. People are shoppping with coffee in one hand and a mouse in the other on the Monday after Thanksgiving. The deals are known to be spectacular (just ask my husband!).
Now, our on demand courier services Dallas team at Eagle Express knows a thing or two about handling Cyber Monday (and any online shopping for that matter). They have a few tips that I think you will appreciate (especially if you are going to be online shopping tonight. Here is how to handle Cyber Monday without losing your mind or your savings account:
- Have a plan. Never, ever, ever shop online without a plan. Otherwise, you end up buying much more than anticipated. Know what you want and make a list. Stick to that list. One option is to give yourself one or two freebies. That means, if you see something while you're browsing that isn't on the list, you have one or two free passes to purchase. After that, you're done.
- Have a budget. Set boundaries for yourself. For some people, this is an easy task. For others (myself included), this is a near impossibility. Our scheduled route deliveries Dallas team advises sticking strictly to your plan and budget. And they know a thing or two about plans - they make them daily for all their runs!
- Quit if/when you get too tired. Some people will wake up super early or stay up super late to enjoy the deals. Well, if fatigue starts taking over, chances are you will forget you ever had a budget - not a good thing!
- Knock out some Christmas gifts. Sometimes it can be easy to start shopping for number one... ourselves. But, broaden your perspective and consider knocking out your Christmas list. Wouldn't it be nice to get a majority of your gifts on sale and all from the comfort of a chair at home? This will take planning. Know you who want to buy for and what to buy. See, planning ahead pays off.